Todd Beamer was a hero on Flight 93 on September 11, 2001. This lesson bundle teaches what it means to be a hero, a good citizen, to have bravery, and to make a sacrifice. It combines 9/11 social studies content with reading skills (context clues and main idea and details).
This September 11th lesson bundle includes:
- 3 days of 9/11 lesson plans
- Slideshow on Todd Beamer and September 11th
- Video: 50-second first responder overview video
- Video: Context Clues and Main Ideas
- Additional YouTube video links
- 6 Reading Skills Task Cards with Social Studies content
- Quick write with writing stems, vocabulary, and guiding questions
- Biography Todd Beamer - Fluency Practice
- Biography Todd Beamer - Vocabulary Practice
- Biography Todd Beamer - Comprehension Practice
BONUS as of 9/6/2017
-A New 50-Second Introduction Video
First Responders Slideshow
September 11th Summarizing Task Cards
Copyright 2016 TeamTom Education, LLC.
All rights reserved.
Sharing or redistribution is not allowed without the purchase of additional licensing.