Check out this FREE SAMPLE OF A SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR
- 1 month of ideas and activities for families!
- Editable parent letters
- Reading Log
If you like this, you'll love the Editable Family Kindergarten Homework Calendar August 2020-July 2021. August 2021-July 2022 update available in April 2021.
Discover how “Parents as Partners” can build success and multiply your teaching effectiveness!
Learn more - Read this
**** Use the full year of calendars to naturally reinforce learning at home. ****
August through July with FREE yearly updates
Editable or PDF
Consider sharing it with families at spring registration or Kindergarten Round-Up.
Honor family life with meaningful activities. These calendars have gentle reminders for parents to sing, talk, dance, and read with their children every night and intentionally practice foundational skills.
Encourage families to
- practice ABC/Phonics skills
- practice name writing
- memorize Mother Goose rhymes
- write and draw
- count everything
- take walks and explore nature
- tell stories
- sing favorite songs
- enjoy family dinnertime
- savor childhood
- 2 Versions: Editable or as PDF
- Actionable ways for families to reinforce foundational literacy and math skills, self-help skills such as tying shoes, and social-emotional and language skills such as kindergarten kindness
- Invite parents to be partners with you in building kindergarten success all year long. The family is still the most important teacher a child will ever have!
- Aligned with ELA Kindergarten Common Core State Standards
- Appropriate for kindergarten, special education, and homeschooling families
12 Editable Parent Letters and Resources:
1. About the Monthly Family Learning Calendar
2. Early Indicators for Successful Kindergartners
3. ABC Phonics Family Reference Chart
4. ABC Phonics Family Letter for the Chart
5. Memorize, Recite, and Read Mother Goose Rhymes
6. Parents as Partners: Why Phonemic Awareness Is Important
7. Developing Small Motor Skills and Efficient Pencil Grip Are Important
8. Teach Your Child to Print Their Name Efficiently: The Beginning of ABC Fluency
9. Kindergartners Learn to Write Two Kinds of Words
10. 10 Things to Say to Your Child Every Day
11. "Reading Is Fun!" chant with QR code
12. Achieving Rigorous Common Core Standards
Also includes monthly READING LOGS!
“We have a covenant with families that says we jointly share responsibility for educating your child.” ~ Ernest Boyer
Click HERE to Follow My Store and to be notified of new Nellie Edge Kindergarten (PreK-1) products. All new items are listed at 50% off for the first 48 hours after posting! Leave feedback and earn TpT credits.
Find resources and support on my website, NellieEdge.com
SMILES for joyful teaching and learning,