September Packet for 6th grade Volume I
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL!!
Get your student used to taking complex-question assessments.
Use for weekly assessments, pre/post-assessments, progress monitoring, whatever you need!
Fall MEGA Bundle for 6th Grade Volume 1 HERE!
Questions involve; close read, deciphering meaning, context clues, plot, characterization, analytical reading, comprehension, reading for meaning, morals and so much more!
**Many of these passages are cross-curricular**
September Packet include 10 passages.
1. Nonfiction – Rocky Mountain Creation
- Key elements: close read of a map, map interpretation, main idea, definition, map and excerpt connection
2. Nonfiction – Outer Space in 8 Mind Blowing Steps
- Key elements: Close read of a timeline, interpreting a timeline, short-focused research
3. Nonfiction – Sun Cam
- Key elements: Close read of a diagram
4. Nonfiction – History of Labor Day-
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, nonfiction concepts
5. Biography – Lewis Carroll –
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, understanding text, characterizing, synonyms
6. Fiction – Alice in Wonderland -
- Key elements: Close read, understanding text, characterizing, plot
7. Poetry – Emily Dickenson’s “The Railway Train” -
- Key elements: Close read, poetic elements, deciphering meaning, relationship between illustration/text, narrative poetry
8. Nonfiction – The Light Bulb –
- Key elements: Close read, understanding and interpreting a diagram, interpreting information,
9. Fiction – Karen Avivi’s Shredded –
- Key elements: Close read, genre, point of view, character, emotions/feelings, deciphering meaning
10. Fables – Aesop’s Fables –
- Includes 3 different fables
o The Wolf and the Crane pg. 31
o The Bear and the Two Travelers pg. 32
o The Fisherman and His Nets pg. 33
- Key elements: Close read, moral, understanding fables, synonyms
Answer key included with Lexile levels and Common Core Standards**
Check out all Volume 1 monthly packets for 6th grade. September - Summer Available!
September 6th Grade Volume 2 Packet HERE!
***NOTE: If you are purchasing more than one grade level packet of the same month within middle school (6-8) please note that they are extremely similar. This is because Common Core groups middle school as 6-8 and the concepts are very similar throughout the three years. Some passages/questions differ depending on the monthly packet. Please read the contents carefully and email if you have any questions!
Any questions or concerns ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great year!
Novel Nutritious Creations
© 2015 Novel Nutritious Creations. Permission is granted to buyer for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format.