September Packet for 7th Grade - Volume I
****Welcome back to school!!****
Common Core Close Read Packet!
Get your student used to taking complex-question assessments.
Use for weekly assessments, pre/post-assessments, progress monitoring, whatever you need!!
September Volume II Monthly Packet HERE!
**7th grade BUNDLE of September, October, November and December Packets now available in the store** Save money by buying the
Fall Bundle HERE!
Questions involve; close read, deciphering meaning, context clues, plot, characterization, analytical reading, comprehension, reading for meaning, morals and so much more!
**Many of these passages are cross-curricular**
There are 10 passages in September's packet!
September Packet Contents:
-1. Nonfiction – Rocky Mountain Creation
- Key elements: close read of a map, map interpretation, main idea, definition, map and excerpt connection
2. Nonfiction – Outer Space in 8 Mind Blowing Steps
- Key elements: Close read of a timeline, interpreting a timeline, short-focused research
3. Nonfiction – Sun Cam
- Key elements: Close read of a diagram
4. Nonfiction – History of Labor Day-
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, nonfiction concepts
-PLUS extra activity - Nonfiction Concepts
5. Biography – Lewis Carroll –
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, understanding text, characterizing, synonyms
6. Fiction – Alice in Wonderland -
- Key elements: Close read, understanding text, characterizing, plot
7. Poetry – Emily Dickenson’s “The Railway Train” -
- Key elements: Close read, poetic elements, deciphering meaning, relationship between illustration/text, narrative poetry
-PLUS - extra activity Poem Analysis
8. Nonfiction – The Light Bulb –
- Key elements: Close read, understanding and interpreting a diagram, interpreting information,
9. Fiction – Karen Avivi’s Shredded –
- Key elements: Close read, genre, point of view, character, emotions/feelings, deciphering meaning
10. Fables – Aesop’s Fables –
- Includes 3 different fables
o The Wolf and the Crane pg. 31
o The Bear and the Two Travelers pg. 32
o The Fisherman and His Nets pg. 33
- Key elements: Close read, moral, understanding fables, synonyms
Answer key included with Lexile levels and Common Core standards listed!
7th Grade Volume I monthly packets are available September - June.
**NOTE: If you are purchasing more than one grade level packet of the same month within middle school (6-8) please note that they are extremely similar. This is because Common Core groups middle school as 6-8 and the concepts are very similar throughout the three years. Some passages/questions differ depending on the monthly packet. Please read the contents carefully and email if you have any questions!
Your feedback is most appreciated!
Any questions or concerns...firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great year!
Novel Nutritious Creations
© 2015 Novel Nutritious Creations. Permission is granted to buyer for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format.