This bundle includes the four units I use to teach guided reading and comprehension strategies in September. The first unit is ME and my FAMILY. The focus reading strategy is TEXT TO SELF. The second theme is COMMUNITY HELPERS. The focus reading strategy is TEXT TO WORLD. The third week is DOWN ON THE FARM. The focus reading strategy is TEXT TO TEXT. The theme for the fourth week is APPLES. The focus reading strategy is NON-FICTION TEXT & FICTION TEXT. Each day a different story will focus on text to self connections. There are daily lesson plans, anchor charts, literacy connections, sorting activities, vocabulary activities, crafts and ideas for project based learning. It is all you will need and more to introduce, cover, and teach this concept.
The literature used in the text to self unit is:
• Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon by Lovell
• The Family Book by Todd Parr
• What do Mommies/Daddies Do Best by Numeroff
• What do Brothers/Sisters Do Best by Numeroff
• What do Grandmas/Grandpas Do Best by Numeroff
• Me and My Family Tree by Sweeney
The literature used in text to world is:
• On the Town by Caseley
• Officer Buckle & Gloria by Rathman
• Fly Guy Presents Fire Fighters by Arnold
• Froggy Goes to the Doctor by London
• The Little Red Hen by Galdone
• 4 Original DIGITAL MINI READERS on BOOM LEARNING (fire fighters, doctors, farmers, & police officers)
*BONUS 4 Mini Reader BOOM DECKS INCLUDED***
The literature used in text to text is:
• Click, Clack Moo by Cronin
• Giggle, Giggle, Quack by Cronin
• Dooby Dooby Moo by Cronin
• OINK! By Palatini
• Piggie Pie by Palatini
The literature used in this non-fiction vs fiction unit is:
• Apples by Gibbons
• How Do Apples Grow by Maestro
• Johnny Appleseed (use any book)
• Bad Apple A Tale of Friendship by Hemingway
• Apple Lifecycle paper or digital version included by me
• Ten Apples up on Top!
• The Giving Tree
A digital book is also included that can be opened as a pdf file or PowerPoint. This book discusses the apple lifecycle with real photos. It is all you will need and more to introduce, cover, and teach this concept of Apples.
There are also blank templates so you can incorporate any book with the literacy connections.
This is part of a weekly series of units covering different reading strategies throughout the year.
Grab 40 week’s worth of a MEGA BUNDLE at a discounted price!
Guided Reading with a Purpose MEGA GROWING BUNDLE
If you would like to join me live to discuss these ideas and more in my classroom, please join my private group.JOIN MY GROUP ~ FIRST GRADE ROARS ~ CONNECT & COLLABORATE ON FACEBOOK
Some other fun ways to connect....FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
FOLLOW ME ON TPT
FOLLOW MY JOURNEY AT MY BLOG