I created this unique pack to provide hands-on, meaningful math activities with a splash of seasonal flair! Each activity is aligned to a First Grade CCSS, and comes with a recording sheet or exit ticket to keep students accountable when working independently.
This pack also includes materials for creating "take home math kits". Each month I choose 4-5 math tub activities to replicate and create take home math kits. My goal was to create homework that reflected the hands-on approach I was taking in class. 6 activities in this pack include extra materials for parents.
The activities in this pack are:
1. Race To Ten (partner game for identifying ways to make 10)
2. Flip the Chips (simple activity for decomposing numbers into smaller parts)
3. Adding Apples (solving addition sentences using a Part/Part/Whole mat and play-dough!)
4. Roll and Add 1 & 2 (dice game for counting on addition strategy)
5. Sweet Sums of 10 (another fun play-dough center developing fluency with ways to make 10)
6. Apple Pickin' (dice game with story mat)
7. Apple Surveys (materials for collecting and representing data)
8. Skipping Apples (skip counting)
9. Spotting Apples Write the Room (representing teen numbers as a group of ten and ones)
10. Estimation Station (resources for creating an estimation jar center)
*NOTE* I strongly believe that math instruction at the primary level should be as hands-on as possible. Many of the activities in this pack require additional concrete manipulatives (counters, chips, dice, etc.)