Also included in
- This BIG bundle of ELA sub plans for 3rd and 4th grade will last you the entire year! Your students will LOVE these activities, and you will rest easy knowing that your students are completing meaningful ELA activities with the substitute while you are away. They are perfect for emergency sub plans!$52.50$66.00Save $13.50
- These September sub plans for 3rd grade and 4th grade are perfect for fall! Your students will love these activities and you can rest easy knowing they are busy with meaningful math activities while you are away. Themes in the activities and lessons include: Labor Day, autumn, acorns, apple pie, le$10.80$12.00Save $1.20
- Want to get all of the monthly math & ELA sub plan sets at a steal of a deal? You'll get instant access to all of the sets! To see more about each set, view the listings below.TAKE A PEEK AT WHAT’S INCLUDED IN EACH SET OF ELA SUB PLANS!The Binder Cover & Spines will make your binder look spi$92.00$132.00Save $40.00
- Get your sub tub ready for your ELA classroom with the Kindergarten through 6th Grade ELA Sub Plans Bundle!Fill up your ELA sub tub now so you are prepared when you need it! These kindergarten through 6th grade emergency ELA sub plans make sub planning easier than ever, so you can rest easy when you$185.00$264.00Save $79.00
- Get your sub tub ready for your classroom with the Kindergarten through 6th Grade Sub Plans MEGA Bundle!Fill up your sub tub now so you are prepared when you need it! These kindergarten through 6th grade emergency sub plans make sub planning easier than ever, so you can rest easy when you need it. T$317.00$528.00Save $211.00
These back to school and fall themed sub plans are perfect for the month of September! 3rd grade and 4th grade students will love these activities and you can rest easy knowing they are busy with meaningful ELA activities while you are away. This set of September ELA sub plans for upper elementary can be used as a full day of sub plans OR for several days of your Language Arts block.
Themes in the activities and lessons include: Labor Day, autumn, acorns, apple pie, leaves, and more! The monthly themes are so engaging and fun for kids.
Please review the preview which includes an overview of the document PLUS sample pages. Additionally, please note that these sub plans are NOT editable. They are print and go!
WANT TO SAVE MONEY AND BE PREPARED ALL YEAR? You can grab this set of sub plans in the Entire Year of ELA Sub Plans Bundle! You will save 20% when you purchase the full year in the bundle, and get the sub tub bundle organization bonus!
Please note that my monthly sub plans are available for K-6 in both ELA and math! You can find all monthly sub plans here. My monthly sub plans also integrate PERFECTLY with my popular Ready To Go Sub Plans Resources for Pre-K-6 which aren't seasonal and can be used at any time of year.
This Resource Includes:
"September ELA Sub Plans" Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Back cover also included.
"September ELA Sub Plans" Binder Spines
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1", 1.5" or 2" binder!
Table of Contents
- A list of everything that is included!
Note to Teacher
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
Fall- Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank you notes are fall-themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
Fall Themed "How Did Your Day Go?" Substitute Notes Form
- This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn't get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also includes the fun fall theme!
Fall Themed Substitute Punch Cards
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! ;) These will do the trick!
Copies for Students
- Clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
ELA Lesson Checklist
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1: September Fill-In-The-Blanks
- These basic fill-in-the-blanks allow students to fill in the blanks of stories using nouns, verbs, colors, adjectives, adverbs, etc! Students will get a kick out of these while practicing their parts of speech.
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2: September Fixing Sentences
- Students will fix sentences at an upper grade level with these fun and engaging worksheets. These worksheets include fun and engaging fall themes!
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
Writing Lesson: The Day It Rained Acorns Narrative Writing
- Students will write a story about the day it rained acorns.
- Lesson plan and 3 Graphic Organizers are included
Writing Lesson: How to Cook Apple _________ Informative How To Writing
- Students will write about how to make an apple food of their choice in this informative writing lesson.
- Includes lesson plan and 2 Graphic Organizers
Reading Prompts & Lesson
- 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the prompts is Labor Day themed and another is about raking leaves!
- A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read aloud OR silent reading of any narrative story. It is focused on determining importance/the main idea. The great thing is that it can be used over and over!
- Lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
"Unbe-LEAF-able " ELA Review Game
- -Students will practice their parts of speech AND figurative language with a FUN and engaging board game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over! A colored version has also been added for if you'd like to use the game for more than just sub plans!
- This interactive apple craftivity has students write a fun story and illustrate it. They will then put it together and decorate it!
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MY SUB PLANS PREVIOUSLY? You can find these reviews on my "Ready To Go Sub Plans" on TpT, which follow the same formatting as these brand new ones.
"These sub plans have been the BEST discovery I have made on TPT! Thank you for making these wonderful and all inclusive plans that are so easy to use, especially when you are sick and the last thing you want to do is write sub plans!"
"I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I've been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans."
"These are fantastic! I purchased, copied, and stored in a sub tub. I told a neighbor where the tub was and all she did was put my tub on my desk and the day ran SO SMOOTHLY!"
DON'T STRESS ABOUT WRITING SUB PLANS ALL YEAR LONG! Remember, you can grab this set of sub plans in myAn Entire Year of ELA Sub Plans for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades- GROWING BUNDLE and get this set, all current sets, AND all future sets of these plans!
- Monthly Sub Plans for Kindergarten
- Monthly Sub Plans for 1st-2nd Grades
- Monthly Sub Plans for 3rd-4th Grades
- Monthly Sub Plans for 5th-6th Grades
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY
WANT MORE FREEBIES & TEACHING TIPS?
Click on the green star by my store name to become a follower! You will be notified when I upload new products, freebies, and have sales! You can also sign up for my free resource library to get access to ALL of my freebies as well as lots of free teaching ideas. Click here to learn more!
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I'll try my best to help you out! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.