PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
September Writing Picture Prompts
Please note: This resource is included in the Writing Picture Prompts BUNDLE.
About this book:
This book contains a collection of picture writing prompts for the month of August. The simple, open-ended picture prompts are ideal for beginning and struggling writers in Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2.
Each page includes a blank Word List. This list can be completed during a brainstorming session with all the children or children can copy the words they wish to use from a word wall. For the “color by code” pages, children select the color the wish to use for each symbol.
Cover page (page 5)
Trace the picture (pages 6-10)
Color by shape (pages 11-15)
- bird in tree
- scarecrow head
Dot to Dot / Connect the dots (pages 16-20)
- rain cloud
- owl in tree
- birthday cupcake
Illustrated Prompts (pages 21-30)
- boy jumping in the leaves
- girl collecting forest mushrooms
- girl holding cupcake in one hand and apple in the other
- boy walking his dog
- girl holding pet bird
- robot with many tools
- kids in spaceship in outer space
- boy and dog under the umbrella
- boy skiing in the hot weather; other boy is puzzled
- mom asking kids who broke the vase (broken vase on the floor)
Additional page with handwriting lines (pages 31)
Happy Teaching :)
This packet can be used with my Writing Journals.