Learning Objective Sequences and Series Review
12 Task Cards included with 12 solution cards, a solution key is included at the end of this document.
Topics include the following:
1) Determining whether a sequence is arithmetic, geometric or neither
2) Finding a missing term for both arithmetic and geometric sequences (arithmetic mean and geometric mean)
3) Writing the terms of a sequence given the first term and the common ratio or difference
4) Finding the sum of an infinite geometric series
5) Determining whether a series is arithmetic or geometric and finding its sum for a given number of terms.
6) Finding the sum of a series written in summation notation
7) Vocabulary review : defining key words:
Sequence, Arithmetic Sequence, Geometric Sequence, Common Difference, Common Ratio, Series, Arithmetic Series, Geometric Series, Finite Series, Infinite Series
I hope this is helpful to you and your students, stop by and let us know how it worked out!
Thank-you for visiting my store
Common Core Standards
MACC.912.F-BF.1.2 Write arithmetic and geometric sequences both recursively and with an explicit formula, use them to model situations, and translate between the two forms.
MACC.912.A-SSE.2.4 Derive the formula for the sum of a finite geometric series (when the common ratio is not 1), and use the formula to solve problems..