Sequencing Activities – “Little Red Riding Hood”
Engage the student with fun, hands-on learning activities designed to teach and/or reinforce the sequencing of events.
Suggested use for these mini-lessons ...
-Kindergartners who are "ready" for these skills
-Second graders who need remediation
Adorable, full-color graphics are included to help the student with comprehension.
Vocabulary terms and concepts include the following: beginning, middle, end, first, next, then, last, order, story events, key details, title, illustrator, illustration, and central message or story lesson.
Aligned with the following © 2014 Common Core Standards for K–1 students: RL.K.2, RL.K.3, SL.K.2, SL.K.3, RL.1.2, RL.1.3, SL.1.2, and S.L.1.3
This story contains six activities, plus a lesson extension:
1. Read the story. (story provided)
2. Read the four main events, and circle the picture of each underlined word.
3. What happened first, next, then, and last? Trace the answer. Fill in the missing word. (The answers are shown and underlined on pages 1-2.)
4. Cut and glue pictures – that go with each sentence - onto the correct page. (pictures provided)
5. Write the title of the story on the given line. Draw and color to illustrate your favorite “event” in the story. As the illustrator, write your name beside the word, illustrator.
6. Cut, and then glue each sentence strip ... in the correct order.
Lesson extension: Use stick puppets to role play with a partner. Retell the story events in order.
NOTE: A paper template for each stick puppet is included. (Craft sticks are NOT.) For firmer puppets, run copies on card stock.
Also included: A booklet cover for students (in case you want one), detailed directions, and two posters: Beginning, Middle, End; First, Next, Then, Last
sequencing, events, activities, printables, Little Red Riding Hood
*Teacher note: Creating hands-on-learning activities that are fun, engaging, and meaningful is my passion. My desire is to make your life easier and to save you precious TIME!
Be first to hear about FREEBIES, new products, sales, and special discounts … FOLLOW me - Funny First Grade
Copyright © 2014 Lynda Davis http://www.funny-first-grade-people.com
Graphics © Scrappin Doodles http://www.scrappindoodles.com