Sequencing Activities – “Little Red Hen”
Engage the student with fun, hands-on learning activities designed to teach or reinforce the sequencing of events. Suggested use is for Kindergartners who are "ready" for these skills and for First Graders...
Use these mini-lessons also for review or remediation of Second Graders and others who need it.
Adorable, full-color graphics are included to help the student with comprehension.
The following vocabulary terms and concepts are stressed: beginning, middle, end, first, next, then, last, order, story events, key details, title, illustrator, illustration, and central message or story lesson.
Aligned with the following © 2014 Common Core Standards for K–1 students: RL.K.2, RL.K.3, SL.K.2, SL.K.3, RL.1.2, RL.1.3, SL.1.2, and S.L.1.3
This story contains six activities and four lesson extensions:
1. Read the story. (Story is provided.)
2. Read the four main events (shown in order), and circle the picture of each underlined word.
3. What happened first, next, then, and last? Trace the answer. Fill in the missing word. (The answers are shown and underlined in the story.)
4. Cut and glue the pictures – that go with each sentence - onto the correct page. (Pictures are provided.)
5. Write the title of the story on the given line. Draw and color to illustrate your favorite “event” in the story. As the illustrator, write your name beside the word, illustrator.
6. Complete the cut-and-glue sentence strips activity.
Lesson extensions: a.) Use stick puppets to role play with a partner. b.) Retell the story events in order. c.) Use choral reading and class response.
NOTE: A paper template for each stick puppet is included. (Craft sticks are NOT.) For firmer puppets, run copies on cardstock.
d.) Flashcards – with pictures – are included as another partner activity.
Common Core Standards are provided for Kindergarten and for First Grade.
Also included is a booklet cover for students (in case you want one), detailed directions, and two posters: Beginning, Middle, End; First, Next, Then, Last
sequencing activities, events, printables, Little Red Hen
*Teacher note: Creating hands-on-learning activities that are fun, engaging, and meaningful is my passion. My desire is to make your life easier and to save you precious TIME!
Be first to hear about FREEBIES, new products, sales, and special discounts …
FOLLOW me - Funny First Grade
Copyright © 2014 Lynda Davis