Sequencing Activities – Three Little Pigs
Engage the student with fun, hands-on learning activities designed to teach the sequencing of events. Use these mini-lessons also for remediation and/or for reinforcement of the skill… Challenge the younger student who is “ready.”
Adorable graphics – in full color – are included to aid student with comprehension. Run copies in color, or use grayscale.
“Three Little Pigs” contains eight activities, PLUS vocabulary flashcards, and a lesson extension with paper puppets (included).
1. Read the story that is provided.
2. Use the following clue words to find four major events in the story:
first, next, then, last. Each major story event is underlined in the story.
3. Read each sentence, and write the missing word. Circle the correct picture.
4. What happened first, next, then, and last? Trace the sentence. Fill in the
missing word. (The answers are underlined, as shown in the story.)
5. Cut/glue given pictures – that go with each sentence – onto the correct page.
6. Connect the words that mean the same by drawing a line from dot to dot.
7. Read and number the given sentences in order of the major story events.
Now, cut out each sentence.
8. Glue the sentences in the correct sequence.
9. Write the title of the story on the given line. Draw and color to illustrate
your favorite “event” in the story.
10. Complete the cut-and-glue sentence strips activity.
11. Flashcards - The following vocabulary terms are stressed: beginning, middle,
end; first, next, then, last; straw, twigs, bricks, three, little, pigs, wolf, bundle,
fireplace, house, built, growl, chimney.
12. Additional vocabulary and story concepts: character, setting, story events,
sequence or order, title, illustrator, illustration, central message or story lesson.
13. Lesson Extension:
- Use stick puppets to role play with a designated partner.
- Retell the main story events (in order).
- A template for each stick puppet is included. Note: Craft sticks are not.
- Suggestion: For firmer stick puppets, run copies on cardstock paper.
- Teacher Detailed Directions
- Paper Poster (8.5” x 11”) Beginning, Middle, End
- Paper Poster (8.5” x 11”) First, Next, Then, Last
- Paper Poster listing the Common Core Standard for K – 1 students: RL.K.2, RL.K.3, SL.K.2, SL.K.3, RL.1.2, RL.1.3, SL.1.2., SL.1.3
- BONUS: Cover for a student booklet (in case you want one)
* Teacher note: Creating hands-on-learning activities that are engaging, fun, and meaningful is my passion. My desire is to help make your life easier and to save you precious TIME and energy!
Be first to know about my FREEBIES, new products, and special discounts.
Look for the green star next to my store logo, and click it to…
FOLLOW me – Funny First Grade