Are you looking for winter worksheets and activities for a snowman themed unit? One that presents sequencing and main idea skills in a variety of visual formats to give your struggling learners lots of practice before increasing in difficulty level? Need help to differentiate instruction? Try this! It now includes a free set of interactive, NO PREP, NO PRINT Boom Card activities to coordinate with this packet.
The worksheets in this set start at a basic level, reviewing vocabulary and concepts related to a snowman. There are 2 different sequencing sheets that can be used for pre/post assessment. Sequencing and main idea are the primary focus, with the same picture and story sequences being used for sequences of 2,3 or 4. While the skill levels are low, the pictures and stories are appropriate for mid to upper elementary special education students. Additional skill areas, such as answering WH questions and making inferences from thought bubbles are included to make your mixed groups easier.
* Using the before/after snowman spinner with picture cards to tell your own response
* Before/after visual sentence scripts to use with picture sequences
* Winter sequencing game that can be played at 2,3 or 4 card sequences
* Snowman story or task cards and response sheet- listen/write the sentence that doesn’t belong
* Playing the open ended winter board game
* Making inferences to match snowman picture cards to thought bubbles
* Students make their own snowman/thought bubble cards
* Game cards for answering winter WH questions
* Make your own foldable books- building a snowman, getting dressed for winter
* Use math skills, if desired, with the snowman tally scoring sticks
* Use the NO PREP, NO PRINT interactive Boom Card set.
* A complete table of contents listing in the preview
* BASICS section: following directions, snowman vocabulary, winter actions, simple sentences
* SEQUENCE 2 section: numbering pictures, first/then, before/after, sentences to match pictures, with or without pictures options
* SEQUENCE 3 section: first/then/last, builds on prior skills with 3 pictures, choose the title, main idea
* SEQUENCE 4 section: first/then/next/last, builds on prior skills with 4 pictures, write the title, choose the main idea, make predictions
* ACTIVITIES for skill application (listed above)
Please be sure to check the preview to be sure that this is right for you! Still not sure? Just ask a question at my store and I’ll be happy to help! Thanks for stopping by! Linda @Looks Like Language
What are Boom Cards?
They are a fun, interactive NO PRINT, NO PREP way to practice skills that can be used on tablets, computers and SmartBoards. You will need to set up a Boom Learning account (which only keeps track of student data for free for a limited time.)
"With your Teachers Pay Teachers purchase, users new to Boom Learning get a three-month free trial of student progress reporting for up to 150 students. Your trial includes the ability to make up to 5 free DIY decks. You may upgrade or cancel at any time. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (released in the last three years) on interactive whiteboards, computers and tablets. Boom Cards apps are also available. Not sure if your browser is modern enough? Try a free Boom Cards deck first. When you redeem your purchase, Boom Learning opens an account for you if you do not already have one. If you do not subscribe at the end of your trial, you will be able to continue using Boom Cards with the Fast Play feature. Fast Play does not track individual progress. If you do not subscribe we will delete your student records 3 months after the expiration of the trial to protect student privacy."
126 useable plus 10 Boom Cards