Also included in
- When I think of August, I think of back to school! That’s what this August bundle of resources is all about! This set of six resources makes preparing for the start of a new school year a breeze! You’ll find everything you need to get students learning and having fun in your classroom. There’s 2$33.71$37.45Save $3.74
Looking for an engaging and interactive way to teach students how to identify the sequence of events in a passage? Then, you’re going to love this learning centers resource!
This Sequencing - Centers resource contains activities and lessons for six learning centers. Each center is designed to give students engaging and exciting learning experiences to practice, enrich, reteach, and enhance their learning. Working independently and with their small groups, student will have the opportunity to develop the critical reading comprehension skill of identifying and finding the order of events in nonfiction and fiction passages.
These centers are extremely versatile! They can be taught during a single class period, spread out over consecutive days, or taught at different times throughout the year.
The centers are completely turn-key and include everything:
- Center Implementation Guide
- Center Table Labels
- Teacher Resources - 6 Detailed Center Overview and Set-Up Guides
- Student Packets (where students record their work from each center)
- Center Materials (includes Student Directions - with extension activities and any resource students will need to complete the activity)
- Grade Sheet (to track and grade student work)
- Keys (for all center activities)
Sequencing Centers Overview:
Center 1: Putting Events in Order
Students work to put two sets of how-to directions into the correct order.
Center 2: Sequencing Through Time
Students read two nonfiction passages and put the events from each passage in order on a timeline.
Center 3: Sequencing Signal Words
Students cut and paste sequencing clue words into two passages.
Center 4: Reading Comprehension
Students put a nonfiction passage in order, read the passage together, and respond to reading comprehension questions.
Center 5: Sequencing Mini-Books
Students create mini-how-to books with a focus on putting the steps in sequential order.
Center 6: Story Sequence
Students read a fable and then create a foldable with the plot events in order.
FYI: This center resource is designed as a companion to this Sequencing Mini-Unit.
You may also like…
Reading Comprehension Skills - Mini-Unit Bundle!Drawing Conclusions, Author's Purpose, and Fact & Opinion
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction
Brain Waves Instruction