Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 14 Sets include Audio Support!Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning, as well as student res$64.03$80.03Save $16.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$277.02$377.02Save $100.00
- 6 Sets of Task Cards for Text Structures - Fictional and Informational PassagesCause and EffectCompare and ContrastSequencingProblem and Solution DescriptionIdentifying Text StructuresText Structures Anchor Charts / PostersClick the preview button to see the resources in greater detail.What's Includ$17.54$21.92Save $4.38
Here are 32 sequencing cards (print or digital with AUDIO option) to help your students master this important reading strategy. Each card features a paragraph (with signal words) and a sequencing question about the order of events. Each paragraph is used on two consecutive cards to encourage careful reading.
Two student answer sheet options are included as well as an answer key. In addition, there is a sequence poster and a graphic organizer for students to sequence the events on paper.
Blackline versions of these cards are also included for printing on colored paper.
PRINT Contents of this set include:
- 32 Multiple Choice Task Cards (Available in Color or Black/White)
- 32 Short Answer Task Cards (Available in Color or Black/White)
- Sequencing Poster (Available in Color or Black/White)
- Student Answer Sheets
- Answer Key
DIGITAL Contents of this set include:
- Google Slides Multiple Choice Version
- Google Slides Interactive Version (drag and drop events in the correct order)
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
What teachers have said about this resource:
♥ My Third Graders loved these! It's a unique way to reinforce sequencing skills, and my kids absolutely adore task cards! It's a nice way to differentiate and allow students to work at their own pace. Thank you! -Emily D.
♥ These task cards provide so many different ways to practice sequencing. Making it a competition between groups seems to be a student favorite! -Nora R.
♥ Sequencing is the first skill we teach in our Reading series. My students were given 5-6 cards a day (in a group) to complete and turn in on Friday. Since it was a group activity, most students received 100%. You will be satisfied with this purchase. -Pamela D.
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom