Let's conjugate. To conjugate a verb, you change the form to match the subject. Capture students' attention with Marvel Comic Book character Mystique. How is the verb ser
like the Marvel Comic Book character Mystique. As Mystique changes forms to fit her subject and situation, so must the verb ser
change forms to fit the person and situation. This PowerPoint provides an opportunity for students to explore ser
, it’s forms, and the concept of conjugation. Ser
is one of the most used verbs in the Spanish language. It is an important verb as it can convey a lot of information making ser
a good starting point when learning the language. The PowerPoint contains 52 slides providing students the opportunity to compare and contrast ser
and to be,
to discover “why” some rules work in Spanish and not English, and to infer from the examples given.
The animation allows for students to be presented with small chunks of information. This gives the time to take notes and mentally internalize the information and make connections to their knowledge of English grammar and structure. The PowerPoing encourages students to use reasoning skills to determine the different rules and establish criteria that best fits them.
In the PowerPoint you will find:
1. A comparison of ser, to be,
2. Present tense changes of ser
and to be
3. Review of Subject pronouns and conjugation chart
4. Forms of ser
in conjugation chart with and without subject pronouns
5. Consideration of each form of the verb and the subject pronouns used with it
6. Opportunity for students to deliberate as to why subject pronouns can
sometimes be omitted
7. Practice in determining the correct form of ser
8. Before giving the dictionary, grammatical definition of sentence, I would encourage students to brainstorm what is required to form a complete sentence
9. Practice writing simple sentences using ser
This PowerPoint is also available in a Bundle with the Ser Animated Lesson
: Ser Bundle Lesson and Practice
I would be glad to customize any of my PowerPoint for you or create an original PowerPoint on any topic. Please contact me for additional information via my TpT store, PlbC Aprenda Conmigo!
You may also be interested in:
• Subject Pronoun lesson
• Verb Ser
• Ser Game
Help me out
I am always striving to improve my products to better meet the needs of teachers. In
order to provide the best quality products at a low price, I need your help. I ask:
• to follow me by clicking the blue star in the store
• leave feedback and suggestions to aid me in improving my products
• leaving feedback also earns you credit for future purchases
• contact me through the Q&A with any questions or problems
• I will respond to all Q&A’s as soon as possible?
I hope you enjoy this product and it helps alleviate some of the pressure and time involved in creating your own PowerPoint.
Thanks for your support and interest!
By purchasing this product, you agree to the applicable license terms set forth by teacherspayteachers.com at the time of purchase as well as to the terms of this agreement. The purchaser understands that this product is for his/her use only and cannot be modified or sold in any form.
Thanks to Susan See TpT Susan See
and TpT Rebekah Brock
for the clip art.
Kate Hadfield designs
for the travel graphics I use for my logo and banner.