Here's how I use this activity:
1. I make enough copies for each pair of students to have a copy to share.
2. Laminate this sheet.
3. Cut out Ser, Estar & each picture.
4. Put each sheet (that has now been cut) in a sandwich baggy.
5. Give each pair of students the baggy.
6. Students put the pictures under Ser or Estar and prepare to defend what they decided.
7. I walk around and ask students to explain why they chose to put the picture under Ser or Estar.
8. Great thing?? There is no right or wrong answer, the pictures can go under either and can be defended in a variety of correct ways. Students get really creative and even create background stories to defend their answers!
My students enjoy this activity and it's great review! This year I used the same sheet as a worksheet, worked ok too!