This eye-catching poster clarifies the differences between the uses of the Spanish verbs Ser and Estar, which both mean "to be."
The poster is very handy for those teachable moments when you need to explain different usages of the verbs. It contains the mnemonics DOCTOR and PLACE, the present tense conjugation of both verbs, and the classic quotation by Guillermo Shakespeare "Ser o no ser, eso es la cuestíon."
The PDF is poster sized and made to be printed at 24" x 36". You can print this out on a poster printer or you can use Adobe Acrobat's poster print function (you find it when you open the printer dialog) and piece it together.
If you would like YOUR PHOTO at the bottom of the poster instead of the dashingly handsome model, contact me
and send me a photo. I would be happy to put you into the poster for a small fee. (I will set up a special listing for you.)
How to Print a Poster on a Small Format Printer:
*I highly recommend using a dedicated poster printer for the best results. Check with your school district’s central office or local public library if you don’t already have one at your school.*
This method will print the poster in tiles on multiple sheets of smaller paper. I highly recommend printing this on cardstock.
1. Open file with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free program) or Adobe Acrobat DC (pay program). The Preview app on a Mac will not work for this.
2. Open the Print Dialog (File > Print…) Mac (⌘ + P) Windows (CTRL + P)
3. Select Poster under Page Sizing and Handling (newer versions) or under Page Scaling (older versions)
4. Make sure that Tile Scale is set to 100% and set Overlap to .5 inches. (This will make it easier to put together after printing)
5. Click Print.
6. Cut off white margins (I would use the large chopper in the teachers lounge or a craft paper trimmer) and assemble with transparent tape or glue. Remember that there is a .5” overlap, so it’s okay to cut into the printed area. Also, if you plan on laminating the poster check the width of your laminator before completely assembling the posters so that you can laminate it in multiple jobs if necessary and assemble it after it’s laminated.
7. Display posters prominently and enjoy!
If you liked this product please check out my other posters, games, and flashcards in my store.
I love producing custom work, so if you see anything in my store and would like customized with particular artwork or text, put into a different language, or produced in a custom size LET ME KNOW! If you want a poster that I don't have posted or haven't made yet, LET ME KNOW! If it is something that I can sell, I will give you a copy of the file for FREE. Just click on this link to e-mail me.