This sequential 4 activity sets focuses on introducing students to the difference in usage between the Spanish verbs SER and ESTAR (to be).
This product includes the following activities;
1. Concept Attainment Activity - students cut and paste Spanish sentences onto cards explaining the different reasons for the usage of SER and ESTAR.
2. Read, Conjugate, Draw Activity - Students fill in blank sentences with correct forms of the verbs SER & ESTAR, then illustrate the meaning of each sentence to demonstrate comprehension.
3. Side-by-Side Writing Prompt - Students will read a brief story in Spanish about a boy named Pablo who has a twin sister he has never met. Using the original story as a model, they will change the information to talk about the sister and invent her character in Spanish.
4. Open-Ended Writing Prompts - This activity uses two visual images for support as students apply the knowledge they have gained to write their own paragraphs using the verbs SER and ESTAR appropriately.
If you like this activity, click below to check out these related products also available in this store:
"Eres Mía" & SER and Description
Ser vs Estar Activity Kit
"Tu Angelito" & SER, TENER and Description
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺