In this episode, Koenig examines new information around the case, and reviews older information in a new light. She also get Adnan's perspective of his experience being arrested, charged and tried.
Included in the bundle are:
- Episode 9 handout
- 6 slide powerpoint with goals, discussion questions and connections to literature
- article and questions examining the Best Buy tweet
Goals for episode 9 include:
1. Make connections between literature and the podcast with Poe's "The Tell Tale Heart"
2. Evaluate the effectiveness of a non-linear narrative.
3. Understand the interconnectedness of media.
How does the podcast’s publishing change the narrative
How/Why do other forms of media use Serial as a way of promotion.
4.Keep an open mind to evidence and changing theories by reevaluating evidence.
In addition to the podcast, students will make connections to literature and other media. Students are given the opportunity to discuss the ethics of social media and corporations with with infamous Best Buy Tweet