This bundle connects to Serial Episodes 3-5.
* Power point giving key terms, media background and/or discussion questions for each episode.
* Serial's Cell Tower map in printable form with legend
3 episode handouts AND answer keys for episodes 3-5
This episode introduces Leakin Park as the setting where Hae's body is found. It also introduces a new suspect: Mr. S.
This handout develops critical thinking skills where students analyze:
* Why Koenig includes specific details/ asks questions
* Mr. S's credibility as a source
* If it is fair to consider Mr. S a suspect
This also examines narrative elements of Serial including:
* building suspense
* use of rhetorical questions
* use of description
In this episode, students are asked to compare/contrast different pieces of evidence, especially Jay's story as it changes. Using a graphic organizer, students rate the significance of each change in Jay's story. This helps students understand the importance of evidence and what makes evidence significant.
This episode has students consider the timeline of Jay's case. Students are asked to use maps to determine time lines and answer questions related.
At the end, students focus on the target audience of Serial and other features of media.
Full Unit with plans and assessments. BEST DEAL!
Episodes 1-2 and Introduction Bundle
Episodes 6-8 Bundle
Episode 9-12 Bundle