This lesson includes materials to go along with the new "Serial" Podcast-episode one. It includes the following
1. Pre-Podcast worksheet. May be used as a homework or classwork assignment to get to begin to think about some of the issues of the case.
2. Podcast Worksheets (2). There are two worksheets (2 pages each)that go with the podcast so that it may be divided in half. The questions follow the podcast and highlight on important aspects of the case.
3. Primary Document Analysis: This worksheet has students analyze the documents/testimony provided by Asia McClain. I did this part of the assignment in the middle of the podcast (right before Asia is introduced in the case). As such, lesson followed this timeline and will take 2 to 3 days.
1. Introductory Assignment
2. Podcast (part one) Assignment
3. Primary Document Analysis
4. Podcast (part two) Assignment