A 5 day teaching unit on Service Learning with a project extension and articles.
Your students will:
• Gain a better understanding of diverse cultures and communities.
• Connect with members in their own community.
• Learn more about social issues and the root causes of the issues at hand.
• Develop strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills.
• Obtain an opportunity to act on a value or belief.
• See how content learned in the classroom is applied in the real world.
• Realize that they can make a difference no matter who or where they are or
how old they are.
• Gain confidence in their individual skills and abilities.
• Develop critical-thinking skills in real-world applications.
• Create a strong camaraderie with their peers and realize the importance of