Set 1 Finger Cards: Beginning Band Preview
These cards should be utilized by beginning Band students who have difficulty identifying notes and/or fingerings. Instruments included are: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Trumpet/Cornet, Horn, Trombone, Euphonium/Baritone.
Students may begin using the cards as soon as they begin reading notes.
1. Students will be able to identify notes.
2. Students will be able to identify fingerings.
3. Students will be able to decode fingering charts.
4. Students will be able to match notes to fingerings.
5. Students will be able to match fingerings to notes.
6. Students will be able to utilize cards in small groups & individually.
7. Students will be able to use cards as a reference to enhance practice.
8. Students will be able to make pitch judgements based on like fingerings.
1. Copy on cardstock for best results
2. Copy each set front to back. Each is labelled 1 & 2 for identification.
3. Cut cards into sets for each student.
4. Place in an envelope then in students’ folders or instrument cases.
5. Arrows indicate staff orientation.
1. Individual student use to learn note placement.
2. Individual student use to match fingerings to note placement.
3. Students may quiz each other on note placement and/or fingerings.
4. Cards may be placed next to music being practiced for reference.
5. Use cards in order to help students realize note relationships.
6. Match cards with like fingerings to show fingering may be the same but different notes.
More compositions and illustrations are available from havocgirl on TpT.
Stickers featuring Band/Orchestra instrument names or illustrations are available on www.redbubble.com. Simply type “havocgirl” in the search box.