This is a set of 4 worksheets focusing on introducing the past simple to younger learners, showing clear distinction between the past and the present using examples relevant to the students.
- Verb tables (converting present to past)
- Gap fill with original story
- Question formation differences between past and present
- Circle the correct verb form exercise
- Decide whether a verb is present or past
- Time expressions (yesterday, last night etc)
Great for use with children from around 7 years old to around 13. Movers and Flyers level (Cambridge), Trinity Level 4. A1.
Total time to complete all 4 worksheets would be around 3 hours.