Setting Graphic Organizers for Literary Analysis Digital & Print
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These literature graphic organizers for studying literary devices and literary analysis will work with any novel or short story. These literary graphic organizers also work for lit circles. Over 85 graphic organizers to inspire students during and after reading literature are included. Overview of tPrice $15.20Original Price $21.72Save $6.52
Need setting graphic organizers for use with a novel or short story? These graphic organizers will engage students and provide ample opportunities for understanding the importance of a story's setting.
These graphic organizers will encourage discussion and clarify concepts while completing literary analysis. You will receive a PDF of these graphic organizers. You will also receive links for a Google Drive version.
Included are 20 activities for teaching setting:
Different types of settings:
4. Science Fiction
5. Interactions (setting and symbol, setting and character)
6. What time is it? (studying aspects of a time period)
7. Multiple settings
8. Overview: location and time
9. Setting and colors
10. Research the story’s setting
11. Setting: brainstorming
12. Get a snapshot of the setting!
Setting and other literary devices:
13. When the setting is a flashback
14. Setting: first person point of view
15. Setting: third person point of view
16. Setting and symbols
17. Setting and characters
18. Setting and theme
19. Setting and plot
20. Setting and conflicts
You can see an image of most of these in the thumbnails, and the preview has a selection as well. With the questions and prompts on these literary graphic organizers, students will move toward literary analysis. You can encourage student choice and provide differentiation.
These Setting Graphic Organizers are part of a money-saving bundle! The Literary Devices Graphic Organizers for Any Novel or Short Story has over 75 graphic organizers to get students writing and talking about literature.
Looking for more graphic organizers and literary analysis tools for lit circles, novel studies, and short story units?
√ Characterization Graphic Organizers for Any Novel or Short Story
√ Theme Graphic Organizers for Any Novel or Short Story
√ Conflict Graphic Organizers for Any Novel or Short Story
√ Text Analysis Graphic Organizers
√ Scaffolded Literary Analysis Tool (Digital)
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.
Feedback from other teachers about these setting graphic organizers. . .
I love the variety in graphic organizers. I will be able to pull different organizers to help students master the same skill, but will be able to keep things fresh and new.
It helped my struggling readers focus on how setting effects the plot development.
My students enjoyed using the sheets to write about Animal Farm, the format made it easy to guide the students through the process and they were all attractive and engaging.