Also included in
- Looking for engaging short stories aligned to the 2019 AP Curriculum Framework to launch your year? This resource includes three engaging short stories that feature allegories and/or fairytale-esque elements in order to convey messages about social change. Additionally, this resource is designed to$14.00$20.00Save $6.00
If you're searching for a way to help your AP Lit. students grasp the significance of setting in short fiction, if you want to find illuminating questions that will help your students analyze setting in whatever work they are reading, or if you're simply looking for another tool in your teaching toolbox, this product will be a wonderful resource.
Including a thirteen-page PowerPoint, six engaging, passage-based task cards, and an easy to use student answer sheet, this will not only allow you to teach the significance of setting, but also assess student understanding after the lesson.
This resource will pair nicely with any text (be it short fiction, novels, or plays) and will provide concrete questions and examples to help students as they independently or collaboratively explore a variety of texts.
AP Literature Curriculum Framework Alignment
SET - Setting and the details associated with it not only depict a time and place, but also convey values associated with that setting.
- 2.A - Identify and describe specific textual details that convey or reveal a setting.
- 2.B - Explain the function of setting in a narrative.
- 2.C - Describe the relationship between a character and a setting.
Looking for more AP Literature and Composition resources? Check out...
(1) AP Literature Prose Reciprocal Teaching Resource (Perfect for any novel, short story, or play)
Teaching a short fiction and short stories for AP Literature? You may also enjoy...