1/2 Off for 24 Hours! Are you starting your inequality practice? In this Google Sheets activity, the student will practice some basic skills that will help them explore when the inequality sign switches directions. Through this part of the activity, a picture is forming with each correct answer. The final picture is a digital Halloween spider. The students will reflect on the activity and study which of the inequality problems caused the signs to switch directions. On the next sheet, the students will solve some simple inequalities and then graph them in a Google Drawing that is built into each problem. The next sheet is solving multi-step inequalities and finally there will be practice setting up and solving inequalities. There is a touch of Halloween themed art and colors sprinkled throughout the lesson.
Here's what is in each sheet:
1) Explore Sheet - Explore how multiplying and diving by a negative causes the inequality to switch directions. (15 Problems)
2) Reflection Sheet - Reflect on the explore sheet.
3) Solve and Graph Sheet - 6 Easy solving problems with Google Drawing Graphs
4) Multi-Step and Explain Sheet - 7 tougher inequalities with explanations required and answer bank.
5) Word Phrase Sheet - (11 word phrases) Matching the correct inequality sign with a word phrase.
6) Setting Up and Solving Sheet - 5 word problems to set up and solve.
Teacher Note: On the graphing, have students double click, graph, then save the drawing.