10 Successful Steps to set up the note book and words their program in your classroom.
1. Test students –assess - now place them into groups
(Using the WTW guidelines)
2. Give out the student work book
3. Stick the label on the front.
(Teach the basic alphabet knowledge that is
on the suggested cover sheet)
4. Stick in sort summary and give the student their group. (Give each group a name)
5. Explain what a sort is, stick in the example sheet, then do a sort in the work book. (this also makes sure the student understands each concept)
6. Explain and do each type of sort in your note book.
7. Start your classroom display. Display each type of sort at the same time as you teach and do it. .
8. Explain what a reflection of a sort is and explicitly teach how to do this, stick in example sheet in the note book
9. Teach students to cut sorts quickly, name them and where to store them
10. Go over the homework expectations