Just in time for Dr. Seuss's birthday, I have created an activity pack filled with graphic organizers and math and literacy activities that will extend your favorite Dr. Seuss titles.
Here are the activities included:
Reading Strategy Graphic Organizers
* Cause and Effect with The Lorax
* Big Idea with Horton Hatches a Who
* Inferring Meaning with There's a Wocket in My Pocket
* Inferring Meaning with The First of Octember
* Theme and Plot with Horton Hears a Who
* Surveying Favorite Seuss Books
* Creating a Graph
* Making Ten with Ten Apples on Top Game
* Making Ten with Thing 1 and Thing 2
* Place Value Game
* Math Problem Solving (3 Tiers)
* 0-20 Number Cards and game ideas
*0-20 Ten Frame Cards
*0-20 Number Cards
*0-20 Tally Cards
*0-20 Domino Cards
*Place Value Cards
* Making words with -op for Hop on Pop
* Making words with -at for Cat in the Hat
* Onomatopoeia with Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?
* Great day for (Preposition) Writing Activity with Great Day for Up
Celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday with these fun activities that extend your favorite Seuss titles!
Happy Dr. Seuss's Birthday!