Your learners will love "saving the trees" as they practice their sight words. Easy to play and adaptable to other activities. Extra word cards included so you can add some of your own words.
How to Play:
1. Give each player the desired number of cards (according to ability or time allowed).
2. On their turn, players turn over a card and read it. If they read it correctly, the card stays turned up. If they do not read it correctly, read it with them and have them repeat the word and spell the word before turning it back over.
3. The first player to turn up all of his cards has “Saved the Trees!” and won the game!
4. Play until everyone saves the trees, because trees are important to everyone!
5. Don’t forgot to review all of the words before and after playing the game.
For Independent Word Writing Center: Place cards at the center with dry erase boards. Kids write the words as they pick them. When all words are practiced, they have saved the trees!