Keep kids reading—and hold them accountable—with these seven day independent reading logs. Each log includes either nine or five reading strategy prompts for students to use in response to their reading each night. The prompts include probing sentence stems to help spark students' thinking. (See a full list of strategies, and their corresponding DOK level, below.)
There is also two versions of FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE reading logs that allow you to select the specific prompts you'd like your students to use... which allows for differentiation and variety from week to week or student to student.
DOK 1 Reading Strategies:
- Describe conflict.
- Identify figurative language.
- Locate what you get and don't get.
- Ask questions about what is happening.
- Have reactions.
- Give opinions.
DOK Level 2 Reading Strategies:
- Compare and contrast.
- Understand key vocabulary.
- Write a short summary.
- Make a prediction.
- Paraphrase the main idea.
DOK Level 3 Reading Strategies:
- Connect to your life or what you know.
- Discover the author's message.
- Interpret theme.
- Notice author's craft.
- Analyze cause/effect relationships.
DOK Level 4 Reading Strategies:
- Argue with the author.
- Think about what isn't being talked about.
These reading logs can be used for ANY text, all year long! Happy Reading!
Check out my blog! www.theclassroombeat.com
Find me on Instagram: @MissAlliegroTeaches