Seven Wonders of the Ancient World Trading Cards and Word Wall
This is a set of seven wonders of the ancient world cards that you can use with your students when teaching science or geography. I created them to look like trading cards and my students LOVE using them! I’ve also included an enlarged set of these cards that you can post in your room as a science or geography word wall or bulletin board.
This set includes:
• 8 cards representing the seven wonders of the ancient world (seven wonders plus one summarizing card that lists all 7 wonders) with the word and a picture of it on the front and the date and location it was built and two or three amazing facts about it on the back.
• The same 8 cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and room to write their own amazing facts.
• 8 blank cards that students can use to add more wonders of the world terms to if they come across them in their discussions, experiences, or studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their seven wonders of the ancient world cards in.
• An enlarged set of these cards that you can post in your room as a science or geography word wall or bulletin board.
• A list of ways you can use these wonders of the world flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction.” This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class.
I print these seven wonders of the ancient world flashcards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper.
The 8 vocabulary terms included in this set of cards are:
• 7 Wonders of the Ancient World
• Statue of Zeus at Olympia
• Hanging Gardens of Babylon
• Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
• Great Pyramid of Giza
• Colossus at Rhodes
• Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
• Lighthouse at Alexandria
Here are some similar products:
Seven Wonders of the Ancient World Trading Cards
Seven Wonders of the Ancient World Word Wall
Seven Wonders of the Natural World
Check out my other SOCIAL STUDIES
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License