• apply higher order reading strategies to accurately interpret and synthesize a complex text in order to examine how characters change over time and contribute to overall themes
• analyse a character’s actions, thoughts and feelings
• use stated and implied ideas from the text to support thinking
• To recognize how literary and stylistic elements construct meaning in a text.
• Apply knowledge of aesthetic and media techniques to construct a text to communicate a specific message(s) to an intended audience
• generate, gather and organize ideas to write for a specific purpose (i.e., compare and contrast) and audience
• use correct conventions, transitions, and paragraph form to clearly communicate thinking in written form
• Apply knowledge of figurative language/ literary devices to make specific word choices and to enhance the overall quality of paragraph writing.
• To apply attentive listening and oral speaking strategies to facilitate an analytical discussion that will extend their thinking on the assigned topic
• Work effectively within the collaborative learning model (e.g., assume leadership, come prepared with all materials to make individual contributions to the group, apply conflict resolution skills, demonstrate self-regulation, etc…)