The Steps of Intimacy are all the steps that lead to sex: everything that happens from eye to body (isn’t he/she cute) to sex (I wasn’t planning on having sex, it just happened). I link the concept of Steps of Intimacy to their goals (Goals or Good Intentions Unit). Where do you stop on this progression from eye to body to . . . sex, to protect their future. Evaluate now, calculate the risks, what do you gain what do you lose. Will this person, this thing, this event be worth losing their future objectives? The class reviews each step of intimacy in terms of:
• Relationship—at what step does one draw the line to prevent the temptation of having sex.
• Disease—at what steps will a person be exposed to a disease (STDs and other communicable diseases)
• Law—at what step/steps will a jury judge the victim of sexual assault more critically that the alleged perpetrator of the sexual assault.
The more information a person has, the better the decision making.
When I design lessons, I link what student’s value, want and need for their future to the subject matter. The first two days of class each student designs their future goals for their life in 5 different areas; their education, career aspirations, relationships, health and their financial security. On the second day of class, the students address the scenario of how people end up 180 degrees away from their goal? What will potentially grab their attention and cause them to walk a path in the opposite direction of their goal. Students always come up with the same temptation -- their desire to be accepted sometimes is so great that their focus changes from their future goals to the comfort of acceptance right now. Some of the ingredients to acceptance is boys/girls/sex and/or boys/girls drugs.
1. Steps of Intimacy Marketing Overview
2. Lesson Plan 1 -- Steps of Intimacy
3. Student Visual -- Steps of Intimacy
4. Teacher Notes -- Steps of Intimacy
5. Lesson Plan 2 -- Steps of Intimacy in Terms of Disease
6. Student Visual -- Steps of Intimacy in Terms of Disease
7. Teacher Background Notes -- In Terms of Disease and the Law
8. Cost/Benefit Analysis
9. Lesson Plan 3 -- Steps of Intimacy -- In Terms of the Law
Students will learn the steps of intimacy between men and women.
Students will learn this by participating in a discussion defining each step.
Students will be assessed by their ability to relate these steps to their future relationships and how it will affect their future goals concerning their education, health, relationships, occupations and financial security.
Thank you for checking out my lesson plan. If you purchase one of my lesson plans, bundles or units, please help me to maintain quality and excellence in my products by offering comments and ratings. I read all comments and find that they are beneficial for me to see what is working and where some change might help me create an improved product. Have a great day.
CHECK OUT our blog: http://thehealthymindcurriculum.com/the-healthy-mind/ for teaching ideas, and freebies.
Janet – The Healthy Mind Curriculum