This shades of meaning activity packet is designed to reinforce or introduce how writers use words with different shades of meaning to enhance their writing. The activities relate more powerful words to driving a car faster, looking at the speed on the speedometer, and racecars. All of the activities work to build student vocabulary and strengthen writing skills. Activities are ordered from least difficult to most difficult and are designed to scaffold instruction. If needed, students can use a thesaurus to complete any activity.
This activity works to build:
- Shades of meaning knowledge
- Synonym knowledge
- Writing skills
Included with your purchase:
- Full page shades of meaning anchor charts
- Mini version of anchor charts
- Shades of Meaning Cut and Paste
- Shades of Meaning: Winner's Circle Activity
- Shades of Meaning Racetrack
- Shades of Meaning Assessment or Independent Practice
- Black and white versions and full color versions of all pages
Check out the preview for a better picture of what is included.
Other Products Available In My Store:
Reading Goals Organizers for Fluency, Level, Stamina, and More
Noun Unit with Activities and Assessments
Noun, Verb, and Pronoun Interactive Game Grammar Cops
Conventions Exit Tickets
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!