This shades of meaning activity is designed to reinforce or introduce how writers use words with different shades of meaning to enhance their writing. It relates more powerful words to driving a car faster and looking at the speed on the speedometer. Students may use a thesaurus if needed to complete this task.
This activity works to build:
- Shades of meaning knowledge
- Synonym knowledge
- Writing skills
Included with your purchase:
- Full page shades of meaning anchor charts
- Mini version of anchor charts
- Guided practice activity
- Independent practice activity
- Black and white versions of all pages
Check out the preview for a better picture of what is included.
Other Products Available In My Store:
Reading Goals Organizers for Fluency, Level, Stamina, and More
Noun Unit with Activities and Assessments
Noun, Verb, and Pronoun Interactive Game Grammar Cops
Conventions Exit Tickets
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!