In this unit, students will become Shades of Meaning Superheroes! They'll save the world from boring vocabulary! They will study various verbs and adjectives and their shades of meaning. They will learn that although some words are synonyms, their meanings may actually be slightly different. For example, eat and nibble. Finally, they will work independently or in small groups to sort words from the weakest meaning (shade) to the strongest meaning (shade).
This unit includes:
- verb and adjective sorting activity (in color & black and white)
- verb or adjective worksheet
- shades of meaning sorting activities (in color & black and white)
- sorting worksheet with meaning writing
- sorting worksheet with sentence writing
Enjoy saving the world!