This file contains slides for the Calypso folk song Shake the Papaya Down. This song helps to prepare, present, and practice ti ta ti.
Hardest Rhythmic Concept: ti ta ti (or syncopa)
Other Rhythmic Concepts: ta, ta-a, ta rest
I have included a copy of the song in case it is not one from your folk song collection.
This will help you:
- Prepare, present, and practice ti ta ti or syncopa
- Icons to keep the beat to the song
- Icons to show the rhythm of the song
- Introduction slides for ti ta ti (with other syllable choices and a blank slide for those that use something else)
- Rhythmic notation of the song in standard notation
- Interactive game for practicing clapping ti ta ti (please note that you need to view this document in Acrobat Reader to have the links work properly!)
- Slide with original song file
- Information about papayas
- Printable student beat and rhythm charts
Need a sample of what my song files look like? Here is a short freebie that will give you an idea of my work quality.
Follow me on Facebook for Fan Freebies and Specials
Get more music teaching ideas by reading my blog - Making Music Memories
created by Making Music Memories, Brittany De Laruelle, Brittany Ward