Also included in
- This bundle features 4 of our popular Escape Rooms for A Midsummer Night's Dream, Macbeth, Othello, and Shakespeare's life and times.There is no wonder why escape rooms are so popular; they are highly engaging and encourage people to work together and think creatively in order to solve different puz$28.00$35.00Save $7.00
- This bundle features a full year's worth (one escape room per month) of our rigorous and engaging escape rooms for your secondary Language Arts classroom. There is no wonder why escape rooms are so popular; they are highly engaging and encourage people to work together and think creatively in order$72.00$105.00Save $33.00
- This bundle includes the in-class and digital versions of our Shakespeare Escape Room. It is dramatically discounted due to these changing and uncertain times.There is no wonder why escape rooms are so popular; they are highly engaging and encourage people to work together and think creatively in or$12.50$17.25Save $4.75
Get ready to have the most fun you'll have teaching with a lesson that your students will be talking about for years to come with the Shakespeare ESCAPE ROOM!
There is no wonder why escape rooms are so popular; they are highly engaging and encourage people to work together and think creatively in order to solve different puzzles... all while trying to beat the clock! This meticulously-crafted resource features all of the materials you need to conduct a full-length Shakespearean Escape Room. Planning an escape room may seem like quite the daunting task, but this product provides everything from the basics and set-up instructions to signs and answer keys so that yours runs smoothly from start to finish. The activity involves movement, energy, creative thinking and most of all, collaboration. Your students will be having so much fun that they won’t even realize the higher order thinking skills they are applying in the playing of this game!
How does it work?
In order to escape from Elizabethan England and return to the present day, your students must escape your classroom by solving 6 different puzzles, discovering a hidden message, and finding clues along the way.
- : In the first task, students must complete a crossword puzzle with questions about Shakespeare. Once complete, they must unscramble circled boxes to reveal the first code.
- : In the second task, students must correctly identify components of the Globe Theater. Shaded boxes within the correct answers will reveal the second code.
- : In the third task, students must match fictional newspaper headlines with the Shakespearean play they represent. This task is in the form of a mat puzzle and the code is revealed when students have matched all plays correctly.
- : In the fourth task, students must analyze one of Shakespeare’s most famous sonnets, My Mistress’ Eyes are Nothing like the Sun. The letters of the multiple choice questions about the sonnet will form the fourth code.
- : In the fifth task, students must assemble a jig saw puzzle with a quote from one of Shakespeare’s plays.
- : The final task brings the first 5 tasks together. Students will learn that each of the codes represent an aspect of one of Shakespeare’s plays. The name of the play is the key to escape Elizabethan England and return to the present day!
- Escape Room Basics
- Detailed Day-Of Instructions
- Escape Room Print Checklist
- Student Teams Chart
- Welcome Sign for Your Door
- List of Reputable & Credible Shakespeare Resources
- Materials for 6 Tasks: task signs to be folded upright, task instructions (2 per page for easy printing), and necessary information to be kept at stations
- Student Answer Booklet
- Teacher Answer Keys
- Escape Room Reflection for homework or in-class writing activity
**Please be aware that this escape room is designed for use with internet access. The purpose of the escape room is to learn about Shakespeare, his plays, and the Globe Theater and therefore many aspects will not be common knowledge. It is therefore highly recommended that computers or tablets are available for student use.**
Save 20% off this resource when you purchase as part of a bundle of Shakespeare products:
Also, check out these great products to add to your Shakespeare unit:
⭐ Shakespeare Digital Escape Room - for the paperless, digital version!
⭐⭐⭐For the escape room enthusiasts out there, you can now build your own bundle at 20% off the cover price of 3 or more escape rooms! Click the link to check out all of the escape rooms Language Arts Excellence has to offer: Build Your Own Escape Room BUNDLE⭐⭐⭐