This activity is for the play Othello and specifically analyzes Iago's soliloquy during Act 2 scene iii. You could use this assignment with any villain that appears in a Shakespeare play, but this particular lesson is about Othello. Within this lesson, you will find:
- Guided reading questions that analyze Iago's soliloquy
- An answer key for the soliloquy questions
- A soliloquy activity that uses both a worksheet and a computer - students will pick a villain from another movie or book and write a soliloquy from that villain's point-of-view that mimics the structure of Iago's soliloquy. After writing the soliloquy, students will record it on an online video recording website.
- Teacher directions that explain how to submit the online assignment
- Two addition lesson ideas to extend the learning (plans are not included with this information)
This assignment requires students to use a computer or a Chromebook.