Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
190.55 MB | 200 pages
The Tragedy of Julius Caesar in Memes Presentation and Activities: This is Shakespeare made easy! Your students will love this close-reading activity because it uses humor, sarcasm, and thought-provoking memes to analyze each act the play. Advanced students will appreciate the humor and prompt to make their own. Struggling students will find Shakespeare easier to understand because they "get" it when it's put into the context of a meme.
The zipped folder includes:
• Presentation (Powerpoint Show - 146 slides)
• Movie (.mov) with music (12:18 minutes)
• Handouts of activities PDF (20+ pages)
• Teacher's Answer Key for handouts (20+ pages)
• Copy of Presentation in PDF format (146 pages)
• Folder containing all 146 separate images so you can pick and choose individual memes for presentation or printing
There are over 80 unique memes, all created by Tracee Orman. Activities are aligned with the Common Core State Standards for Reading.
Memes are appropriate for grades 9-12. If your students are old enough to read Shakespeare, they are old enough to view the memes.
NOTE: PLEASE BE PATIENT WHILE DOWNLOADING FILE. The zipped folder is almost 200MB, so it may take several minutes to download it completely. If you try to unzip it before it is completely downloaded, you may end up with corrupt or incomplete files.