PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This abridged adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet can be easily understood by all students because of its kid friendly language.
• ELL students and all students will enjoy repeated readings of this play.
• This most famous of Shakespeare's plays, will inspire and motivate your students.
• Reading Hamlet is a fun way to learn character traits, plot development, language, vocabulary, and more.
• Practice reading Hamlet throughout the year and perform it in the Spring, for a great end-of-the-year experience.
• Learning Shakespeare is a bonding experience for the entire class.
Hamlet takes 25 minutes to perform. Students love the magic, drama, and importance of Shakespeare's Hamlet. I encourage teachers to double or triple cast the major parts, allowing many students a chance to play lead parts. Choosing low readers for major roles will improve their fluency and confidence.
I like to have students practice this play sitting in a circle, where each player can be seen by all. Practice can be done any time of day, with whole class or small groups.
Also available in this bundle: William Shakespeare Bundle of 4 plays, abridged adaptations