Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This presentation of the history of Shakespeare includes fun facts, a Shakespeare rapper, the Shakespearean insulter, a birds-eye view of the Globe theater, high quality videos, important facts, relevant information, and multiple learning activities.
This presentation is the result of two educators teaching about Shakespeare for years. In addition to the facts, there are interesting quirky details and engaging links to images, videos, and more.
An EDITABLE 20 slide Power Point Presentation with information about Shakespeare's life, times, and language. Great for starting any unit on Shakespeare. Present to the class or post online for students to view independently.
- Editable 20 Slide Power Point Presentation (Also works seamlessly in Google Slides)
- Link to National Endowment of the Arts video "Why Shakespeare?"
- Information, notes, & fun facts on Shakespeare's life & work
- Link to a bird's eye view of the rebuilt Globe theater in London
- Information & notes on the Globe theater, the play-goers, the plays, & the actors
- Student friendly explanation of Shakespeare's language, poetry, & play content
- Link to a Shakespearean 'Insulter' (which always gets students laughing)
- Student friendly definition, explanation, & examples of meter and iambic pentameter
- Link to a Ted Ed video about a Shakespearean rapper and hip hop artist.
There is more included as well to keep high interest while delivering the important and relevant background information that introduces ANY Shakespeare UNIT.
Not only is it great for students, but I think you’ll enjoy teaching it. :)
- Teacher's Best