Stress over teaching Shakespeare NO MORE! Great tool for new teachers that have to get kids into Macbeth... and don't know where to start....or for those ready for a "new approach."
This is my pride and joy creation that has evolved over a decade...
I use this throughout the multi-week unit of teaching Shakespeare's classic- Macbeth. It has:
- lively and graphic imagery for students to hold their interest
- key quotes and line usage to broken down by students from the most important scenes and moments of the play
- great end-of-Act essay or discussion questions for all 5 Acts
- themes and symbolism throughout the play is connected
- Plot summary and unanswered questions
- and much, much more!
I use this in conjunction with audio clips, movie scenes, and independent readings. Can also be used if class is reading aloud or acting out portions. So much useful stuff here! My kids really get into it each year!
It is created on a flipchart throuh ActivInspire, but could be easily transferred to Powerpoint or other presentation-style medium.
Shakespeare is difficult to teach, hard to get students to relate to, and I've found that this makes it soooo much easier and pretty fun too.
I can share my best audio/media versions too with you to use in conjunction if you'd like...