This abridged adaptation of Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream will help your students develop language and reading skills and have fun at the same time.
• ELL students and all students will understand Midsummer Night's Dream, which is written in kid friendly language.
• The fun, magic, and silliness of this comedy makes it a favorite of all students.
• Practice it throughout the year and perform for an audience in the spring.
• Students will make lasting memories and gain an appreciation of Shakespeare.
• Performing and practicing Shakespeare develops vocabulary, understanding of character, and story sequence.
• The play is a fun bonding experience for the entire class.
Midsummer Night's Dream takes 20 minutes to perform. I encourage teachers to double or triple cast the major parts allowing many students a chance to play lead parts. Choosing low readers for major roles will improve their fluency and confidence. Practice can be done any time of day, with whole class or small groups.
Also available in this bundle: William Shakespeare Bundle of 4 plays, abridged adaptations