Invite your students into the world of Shakespeare with this common core aligned unit!
BUNDLED! Save 25% by purchasing this UNIT BUNDLE!
This 5-week unit includes scripted lesson plans for every day, quizzes over each act, and a final unit test over the entire play. Furthermore, there is a writing assessment included with a rubric and bonus material, which includes three different types of reading guides and a sheet of five different creative extra credit opportunities!
This Romeo and Juliet unit helps students think outside the box and relate their own lives and experiences to that of one of Shakespeare's most famous play. It is also interactive, allowing students to get up, out of their desks to really engage in their reading.
This document includes:
- Focus Common Core Standards and Unit Goals (with essential questions)
- Scripted learning plans for every day of the unit
- Daily Learning Objectives and Success Criteria
- Prereading Survey
- Major themes activity
- My Shakespeare: A Lucky Sequence of Events PowerPoint which walks students through the life and times of William Shakespeare
-----This document also includes slide notes for each slide of the PowerPoint to help guide your discussions!
- A Handout to help students follow along with the PowerPoint
- Shakespeare Reading Strategies handout
- Lil' Wayne: The Modern Day Shakespeare Activity
- Shakespeare Translation Guidelines with different dialects
----- Rubric and grading criteria included for translation!
- Various handouts to help students understand different scenes
- Quizzes over every Act with answer keys!
- Theme Journal Handout with explanations
- Guiding Questions over some Acts
- Practice Expository Writing Handout
- --- Expository Writing Grading Criteria
- Character Panel Protocol
-----Guiding questions to help with Character Panel
- Guide to map out the main events in R&J
- Final Expository Writing Assignment (differentiated into three tiers)
- Unit Final Materials with Answer Key!
--Three different types of reading guides. Use one or use all to help differentiate! You can even use parts of all three if that best suits your needs!
--A Handout with Five different types of extra credit opportunities, all of which are creative and require strong knowledge of the play itself
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License