Shakespeare's "Sonnet 18" Writing Activity Valentine's Day DIGITAL and PRINT
Also included in
- This February Reading & Writing Activities Bundle for your middle school students includes our THREE February/Valentine's Day resources (and will be updated with any future February resources we create)! This bundle will save you 25%! Includes over 120 pages of content for your classroom! FEBRPrice $22.50Original Price $30.50Save $8.00
- This year-long reading and writing bundle includes 24 RESOURCES/ACTIVITIES - THAT'S OVER 500+ PAGES of quality, engaging reading and writing content that incorporates all of the big holidays! This bundle will take you from August/September all the way through to May/June!!WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS BUNDPrice $90.00Original Price $129.25Save $39.25
This DIGITAL and PRINT Valentine's Day Writing Activity with Conversation Hearts focused on Shakespeare's "Sonnet 18" is perfect for your middle school students! As with all of our writing activities, this is academically challenging for students AND still a fun way to celebrate Valentine's Day!
**Please note this resource can be used any time of the year, not just for Valentine's Day.**
Students will read and annotate Shakespeare's "Sonnet 18" and participate in a discussion of the poem using the included task cards. Then, students are asked to imagine they are the recipient of this sonnet and using conversation heart cut-outs, they are to write a letter in response to the speaker of the poem. A fun, yet academic way to incorporate Shakespeare, Valentine's Day, and Conversation Hearts :)
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- Instructions for Use: Detailed step-by-step instructions for the teacher to help you implement this resource in your classroom.
- Shakespeare's "Sonnet 18": A blank student copy as well as a detailed teacher annotated copy have been included for your convenience.
- Task Cards: 7 Task Cards with critical thinking questions to get your students deeply analyzing this sonnet.
- Student Directions & Brainstorming Pages for Activity: Includes detailed instructions for students, a teacher example for reference, a detailed brainstorming page, rough draft paper, and a complete checklist.
- Teacher Rubric: In an effort to make grading as easy as possible for you, we've also included a rubric!
- Digital Version: This entire resource has been fully adapted to include a complete digital version. Just click and assign, and you're all set!
OTHER VALENTINE'S DAY RESOURCES YOU WILL LIKE: