Also included in
- Sonnets can be challenging for students to understand, but this bundle will help your students through the literary analysis steps to understand them...and then write their own! Guide your students to a deeper understanding of poetry -- and empower their creative writing skills with the challenge o$5.50$6.00Save $0.50
Digital and Print Versions. Get your students thinking critically and writing creatively with this analysis resource of Shakespeare's Sonnet. Your students will read, analyze, and then write their own sonnets!
Shakespeare's Sonnet 29 sounds like it was written by a teen -- full of angst and sorrow! That's why this sonnet is a great way to introduce a bit of Shakespeare to your students! Who cannot relate to feeling completely sorry for yourself...until you recall the joy of a wonderful love.
Reasons to love this resource:
- ready to use -- print and teach
- students can work at their own pace or with a group -- great for a sub plan or differentiation
- step-by-step analysis of the the sonnet form, language, and meaning
- step-by-step guide to writing an original sonnet
- practice literary analysis skills and critical thinking
- at the end of the lesson, students will have written their own sonnets!
This is what you'll get:
- Print and digital versions of this resource -- you can use in so many ways!
- Background information about Shakespeare
- A copy of the sonnet
- Vocabulary analysis
- Guide to reading the poem
- Paraphrase guide
- Comprehension questions
- Analyze literary elements -- including simile, imagery, turn, tone, symbol
- Analysis of the sonnet form & iambic pentameter
- Guide to writing a sonnet
- Student self-assessment for reviewing their sonnet
- Teacher rubric
- Complete answer key -- including my own sonnet about my dog!
Please see the preview for all of the "goodies."
You might also be interested in these resources:
I can't wait to hear from you and how you use my resources in your classroom, plus when you leave feedback, you receive TPT credit! If you have any questions, be sure to use the Q & A section below. I'll get right back to you.
I'd love to have you follow my store. Just click on the green star by my name, and you'll be the first to find out about freebies, sales, and new products!
Happiness always ♥