This lesson is about Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day by William Shakespeare. The file includes the following:
* a worksheet for students to define common words used in Shakespeare's time
* a mini-lesson about William Shakespeare
* a mini-lesson about the elements of comedy and tragedy
* a mini-lesson about sonnets, iambic pentameter, and quatrain
* questions for students to analyze the poem
* a bubble map about mood and short writing prompt
* an activity for students to create their own poem in the same style and then analyze/explain its meaning
* an essay in which students will compare the sonnet to another poem
If you see poem lessons in my store that you would also like to bundle, please email me at email@example.com and I can build a packet to meet your classroom needs.
Before rating, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find an error and I will quickly fix and resend the product to you.
Check out our site at www.ek12schools.com
Please download my featured FREE product at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Middle-School-SAT-List-1-Vocabulary-Unit-and-PowerPoint-Lecture-1-of-10
If you are extremely dissatisfied with a product please contact me so I can attempt to correct the situation. I do not offer refunds on electronic products but will offer a replacement item in some cases. I want you to be happy so you'll be a return customer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.